Our May pilot featured is Aztec-Ti-9767! He is our top Black 8 pilot and keeps troopin and troopin like the Energizer Bunny, but in black with a cooler outfit!
“WOW! I’m Honored!” – Aztec
1. Whats your name and why did you pick your callsign?
Tom Kuntz “Count Aztec” The Count is an honerific for surpassing 200 troops, Aztec is from Me owning a Pontiac Aztek when I started trooping in my Tie Pilot.
2. How long have you been a part of the JRS, and what is it that sparked your interest in joining?
I originally started with the Omega Wing, & moved over to JRS with the begining of the Targ era 6 to 7 years ago. I owe my interest in the JRS to Targ. He brought the JRS into being one of the finest Detachments in the 501st today
3. Of all of the troops that you have done, what would you say is the one that stands out in your mind in meaning the most to you and why?
My most Fulfilling troop has the one that made me cry. I did a a Make-a-wish hospital visit, for a young sick boy Jai who was very bad off. ( a trip to disney), then the following year Jai came to a local baseball troop
& I almost didn’t recognise him. He recovered so well . I couldn’t believe it, I was totally moved to tears.
My most Fanboy/Nerd Troop was more recently Trooping with the ECG This past year at the Intrepid Museam. Where I got an upclose look at the Space Shuttle Enterprise.
4. How has being a part of the 501st/JRS impacted your life?
Experiences while trooping like the Troops with Jai (mentioned above) really shows you the what just a little bit of your time can do to impact the lives of others.
5. Outside of trooping and 501st/JRS related stuff, what do you do for a living, and what are some other interests or hobbies that you have?
I’m a Retail Merchandiser for a regional Supermarket chain here in the Northeast called Wegmans. I to travel from Western Ny (Rochester is homebase) , to the Boston Area, thru out NY, Penn, Nj, Va, MD, DE & DC.
Outside of work, My wife & I are big Sci/Fi fans & Movie Goers ( I work pt at a movie theater to get free movies.)
6. Can you give us an idea as to the kind of support you get from friends and family regarding the 501st and all the great things that you have done for the JRS?
Our Garrison ( GE) covers a large trooping area, so we travel state wide to support each other in regional events. Along with trying to host locally members who may need crash space. I also love to guest troop in other garrisons to help support thier events. I especially love trooping with the Canadian Garrison & have shared many milestones with them.
7. And lastly, is there anything, Star Wars related or not, that people might not know about you that they might be surprised to find out?
Probably not so much, I tend to live on facebook, & put so much of my life out there for anyone to see, So I doubt there would be anything that would surprise anyone about me.