Hi everyone. Since I forgot in April to post and posted late. I decided to let it run late into May. I am using myself as the May Spot Light. That way I don’t take a lot of time away from all of you to learn about each other.
1. Whats your name and why did you pick your callsign?
My real name is Scott. I chose my Call sign because when I graduated nursing school in 1998 the first thing I did was buy a a Ram Air Trans-am. My friend said it looked like the Bat Mobile and joked by saying Firebat. It kinda stuck after that.
2. How long have you been a part of the JRS, and what is it that sparked your interest in joining?
I actually joined the 501st back in 1998 when it was nothing but little fan pages linked together. I started off as a stormtrooper. I got my Tie pilot costume back in late 199 or 2000 by trading a guy a bunch of vinyl decals for the helmet, armor and chest box. The boots and such were much easier to find back in those days and I rocked the black flghtsuit lol
3. Of all of the troops that you have done, what would you say is the one that stands out in your mind in meaning the most to you and why?
I love doing the big conventions. I enjoy seeing all the other costumes and meeting people. But the one that stands out the most was a few years ago. We did a pine wood derby event that our Vader made a big fan. The parents asked us to do a birthday a week later for the same child. We went to the b-day and the little boy was so excited he was shaking. We gave him the pinewood derby car and signed it. He stayed by us the whole time. Our Vader let him wear one of the mini clone helmets we had. The kid was so attached to it Vader didn’t have the heart to take it back so he let him have it.
4. How has being a part of the 501st/JRS impacted your life?
Not sure how much it has impacted. But one definite way had been the amount of people and new friends I have met. We are basically a large family. Through some bad times I have had I have received a lot of caring support from you all. Thank you!
5. Outside of trooping and 501st/JRS related stuff, what do you do for a living, and what are some other interests or hobbies that you have?
I am a charge nurse on a telemetry floor. I have been a nurse for almost 18 years. I love cars, music, art. I have messed with nitro powered remote control cars, I love working in the yard. I enjoy just sitting outside and enjoying the day. I also love shooting my guns.
6. Can you give us an idea as to the kind of support you get from friends and family regarding the 501st and all the great things that you have done for the JRS?
Lot of friends love what I do. They see it more as charity work. Some thing I dress up as Darth Vader. /shrug lol. But we all know why we do it. Everyone has their own reason.
7. And lastly, is there anything, Star Wars related or not, that people might not know about you that they might be surprised to find out?
Well let see. I have been to Japan, China and Hong Kong when I was 14 years old. I have totaled out two cars and hit a telephone pole and have no injuries that can be seen. So I think I have a guardian angel that looks out for me and works overtime.