Need help with Arakyel/Sandprops order

Discussions about the TIE fighter pilot armor
Slingshot
Cadet
Cadet
Name: Ted Lee

Need help with Arakyel/Sandprops order

Post by Slingshot »

Advise please. Over the summer I contacted Chris (Krzysztof) of Sandprops, who goes by Arakyel regarding my interest in purchasing a tie pilot armor/chestbox set. He has posted on this forum. I indicated a desire to obtain the items before Halloween this year, and he said that if I was fast to order when he opened up his queue in August that I would be able to get delivery within this time window. I ordered the day his queue opened, and he subsequently contacted me saying the item would be completed by October 12th. So far so good. I paid him a $100USD deposit, plus an extra 4% due to payment via credit card.

A small production delay occurred, which I can understand, he said he needed some additional gerbils [edit: autocorrect error. Greeblies]. When he contacted me on October 18th for final payment of $250 USD, I sent him $260 via Paypal noncommercial, which since he is in Poland converted the amount to 994.69 PLN. No response. No shipmen confirmation. I contact him the next day by both email and paypal as I am concerned since time is running out. He says that I only sent him 237 USD and therefore he will only ship by surface transport (boat).

I sent him a screenshot of my paypal payment and ask for clarification, as he is paid in full, and ask for shipment confirmation. He now replies "Prices are listed in US dollars and not their conversion
we have different other currency converter." He includes a picture of a converter with an exchange rate of 1USD = 3.852967 PLN. At that rate, he still has received the equivalent of $258.16 USD. I fail to see how he can claim not to have been paid the required $250USD.

Help JRS, am I being taken for a ride or is there some aspect of this transaction I fail to understand? I believe I have been clear and forthright in my expectations, communication, and payment. I paid him via PalPal as he asked, using a friends transaction as he asked. If he does not do the right thing and delivery as promised, and continues to insist I did not pay him fully, what options for redress should I pursue?

I have tried to fix this directly, but am getting nowhere. Flummoxed.
Helmet - Reworking DP standard, reshaped, sanded, primed, painted. Now working on acrylic lenses
Balaclava - received (Amazon.com)
Flight suit - received (cosplaysky)
Flight armor - pending
Comm pad - received (Targ)
Chestbox - pending
Gloves - received (ToughGloves)
Boots - received (Epicmilitaria)
Belt - received and fitted (WW)
Blaster - rubies DL-44 rebuilt and weathered!
Slingshot
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Need help with Arakyel/Sandprops order

Post by Slingshot »

Chris replied saying only that Paypal converted my USD to Polish currency at an unfavorable rate. That however was not my fault, and I am rather put out by this. Buyer beware. Quality may be good, but on time performance matters.
Helmet - Reworking DP standard, reshaped, sanded, primed, painted. Now working on acrylic lenses
Flight armor - pending
Chestbox - pending
JBar
JRS Pilot
JRS Pilot
Name: John Barlow
Garrison: New York: Empire City Garrison

Costume Level Award

Post by JBar »

I wish I could lend some help or advice, but I have no idea what to say. Hopefully we can all learn what we can to be aware of these things in the future. Is your shipment arriving for sure by boat them?
My costume will be finally ready a day after Halloween, so I'll have missed the holiday to. So close. Oh well, my next thing to look forward to is the Rogue One release, so I'm focusing on getting excited for that.
Good luck with your shipment.
Slingshot
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Slingshot »

To be fair I do not know how it was shipped, but the tracking provided does not suggest it will be here on time. I will update on arrival. Will probably end up posting this armor/box for sale.
Flight armor - pending
Chestbox - pending