Need Help!

Discussions about the TIE fighter pilot armor
senselessArtist
Cadet
Cadet
Name: Trevor Brock

Need Help!

Post by senselessArtist »

Hello hello! New person here wishing to make as much of my outfit as I can. By this I mainly mean any hard bits such as the armour, the helmet, and the chestbox.

But I have absolutely no idea how to go about this. Would anyone be able to help? Right now I'm really just looking for tips for the armour and its straps (which I would like to be plastic as well.)

I'm sure I could just make a mock-up for the armour by eye and out of paper? But- I'm unsure of how good or bad an idea that is.
TristanUK
Detachment Webmaster
Detachment Webmaster
Name: Tristan Fulcher
Garrison: United Kingdom Garrison
England

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Forum Supporter

Re: Need Help!

Post by TristanUK »

If you're wanting to build everything from scratch then you'll need reference photos. Use this site for reference https://starwarsscreencaps.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You've got numerous options available in making your armour. Pepakura, fibreglass and vac forming to name just three.

Research these and decide which technique you wish to do. We've got experts in each field that will I'm sure help you.

I hope that gets you started in an extremely addictive hobby ;-)

-Tristan
senselessArtist
Cadet
Cadet
Name: Trevor Brock

Post by senselessArtist »

tristanuk wrote:If you're wanting to build everything from scratch then you'll need reference photos. Use this site for reference https://starwarsscreencaps.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You've got numerous options available in making your armour. Pepakura, fibreglass and vac forming to name just three.

Research these and decide which technique you wish to do. We've got experts in each field that will I'm sure help you.

I hope that gets you started in an extremely addictive hobby ;-)

-Tristan
Thanks man!
BucketHead
501st
501st
Name: Jason Hill
Garrison: Carolina Garrison
United States of America

Post by BucketHead »

Yes, look at build threads, and choose a style that speaks to you. Let us know if we can help you along the way resourcing components.

TK/TD/TS/TI/IG/DZ/BH/IS/IN/IC/ID 20421

Expert Infantry
MEPD Deployed
Blizzard Force Deployed
Carolina Garrison GML 2015-2018
Carolina Garrison CO 2019