ISBEAR
501st
501st
Name: Almaas
Garrison: Nordic Garrison

Anovos color/shine match armor and chestbox

Post by ISBEAR »

Hello there.
What armor and chestbox matches the anovos helmets shine and black color the best?
As it is nice to see a helmet and armor that looks the same, and the helmet is rather shiny from what I have heard.
Kitty
Detachment Leader
Detachment Leader
Name: Paul Wulfrun
Garrison: Knightfall Garrison
Australia

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Re: Anovos color/shine match armor and chestbox

Post by Kitty »

Despite the TIE armour being black, each kit usually has a different shade, so unfortunately the best to go with is a dealer in which they develop the whole armour set so you can be sure that the finished product will be uniform. Otherwise if you truly want a uniform paint scheme from mixed vendors, you will need to strip and respray your full kit with a gloss black and clear coat.

In addition, although the ANOVOS helmets are nice, they are quite a thin resin compared to most and if they are anything like my stormtrooper helm I have from them, are prone to getting stress fractures quite early on in their life (definitely not good if you plan to do lots of kids troops or have a few rough trips with your armour like myself).

So if you do decide to go with one, then I highly suggest fibreglass reinforcement to the majority of the faceplate and hose entrance points.
chuckplayer
Forum Supporter 2019
Forum Supporter 2019
Name: Chuck Player
Garrison: Carolina Garrison

Costume Level Award

Post by chuckplayer »

I definitely had to reinforce the hose ports in mine. I have the Anovos armor as well but didn't like the ridges in the pilot box so I ordered one from Intergalactic Supply and it matches very nicely as far as my old eyes can tell. I attached a Pic so you can see. Image

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
-Chuck
BH/TD/SL/TI/IG/IN/IC 10342
JF1138
JRS Pilot
JRS Pilot
Name: Joseph Farr
Garrison: Garrison Corellia

Costume Level Award

Post by JF1138 »

I came looking for exactly this topic.

I have the Anovos Helmet and Armor, and the helmet is super glossy and has a great look. The armor, on the other hand seems to have left a thin film of some sort after the protective layer was removed. It is kinda smoky, and not glossy at all.

I was curious if anyone had found a great method to buff or get a high-gloss shine on the armor. The pic above looks fantastic, by the way.

If I can not find anything better on the forums, I will try a dremel and microfiber cloth to "buff" out a rubbing compound or some high-gloss treatment for autos. I don't expect it to match the helmet, but it needs some sort of reflection.
~Aliit ori'shya tal'din~ "Family is more than blood."