DL MIA?

Discussions about the TIE fighter pilot armor
Alema
501st
501st

DL MIA?

Post by Alema »

I know this isnt a highly original topic, but i'm wondering if anybody has heard from DL lately? I'm aware that he's busy and is slower than some to respond to email....i've talked to him before a couple of months ago....but it's been over 3 weeks and neither of my emails have been replied to. If anybody A) can confirm that he's alive and well, and B) tell me how to write that last sentence without ending it in a preposition, it would be greatly appreciated.
Yorkie Fett
Cadet
Cadet
Name: Fergus Edwards

Re: DL MIA?

Post by Yorkie Fett »

I ordered some gear from him at the beginning of the year and was told it would be ready in 6-7 months time.
We are at that stage now so I'm hoping to hear from him soon.
I've sent a couple of emails but never had a reply. From what I understand this isn't unusual for DL.
I hope that's the case!
Targ
Omega Squadron
Name: James DeJan
Garrison: Midwest Garrison

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Post by Targ »

I'm telling you all now that he is NOT MIA but he is working as fast as he can. Bo Wikner just got his ATAT shipped to him in NORWAY, after 1 year.
So is he behind. Yea. I'm trying to cover his emails but he has dozens of emails from the same people. DL is a one man shop. Unlike others. However, none builds a finer set of gear. Its one of the reasons why I am stepping down at the end of the year. Plus my wife is going to have spinal surgery.
ImageImage
Having served the Empire as Jolly Roger Squadron Detachment Leader 2005-2013
Alema
501st
501st

Post by Alema »

ok, good to know that he's alright. I was planning on ordering a set of armor, but if he's that backed up, i'll try another route if i dont hear back from him. thanks for the info.

p.s. will you still be doing the armor upgrades Targ? just in case i get the DL armor...
Targ
Omega Squadron

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Post by Targ »

Yes but hopefully with my own shells. A sculpt is underway.
ImageImage
Yorkie Fett
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Yorkie Fett »

As I'm hoping to be receiving helmet and armour from DL in the not too distant future, what exactly are the upgrades you are offering on DL's stuff?
Does this mean that the armour will need further work when it arrives?
Targ
Omega Squadron

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Post by Targ »

Yorkie Fett wrote:As I'm hoping to be receiving helmet and armour from DL in the not too distant future, what exactly are the upgrades you are offering on DL's stuff?

Check the Targworx thread in the JRS Base Exchange. I can do my mods in most of the rigs by our makers. And yes if I don't do it you will have to get your hands dirty, burnt, sliced etc., etc.
ImageImage
ptbenz
Name: adam petersen

Post by ptbenz »

Targ wrote:
Yorkie Fett wrote:As I'm hoping to be receiving helmet and armour from DL in the not too distant future, what exactly are the upgrades you are offering on DL's stuff?

Check the Targworx thread in the JRS Base Exchange. I can do my mods in most of the rigs by our makers. And yes if I don't do it you will have to get your hands dirty, burnt, sliced etc., etc.
TRUST ME, you want Targ to do the work. He's a rock star!
JRS DL
Yorkie Fett
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Yorkie Fett »

Unfortunately I'm in the UK so getting Targ to do the mods won't be an option.
Anyone in the UK who offers similair services?
Blackwatch
Ace of Aces
Ace of Aces
Name: David D Campbell
Garrison: Bast Alpha Garrison
United States of America

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Post by Blackwatch »

I did my own. Lots of information regarding how to install fans, LEDs etc in the Acadamy.

Velker Actual

Regimental Sergeant Major, 6th Regiment, Tannerman Rifles, Royal Manticoran Marine Corps
Commander, Deep South Mothership, Visitor Fleet
Aliens Legacy Colonial Marine ID A09/TQ0.0.52128E1

Rule the sky, Rule the night
abaddon_1974
Cadet
Cadet
Name: Craig WRENN

Post by abaddon_1974 »

Good to hear that DL is not MIA, I paid a deposit for my armour some time ago and have not heard anything since, but if some orders are taking 1 year then I don't need to worry yet.

Craig
TommyD
Ace of Aces
Ace of Aces
Name: Thomas Neeson
Garrison: Ohio Garrison

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Post by TommyD »

No need to worry!

I say that from experience. I freaked out over the lack of communication. But after speaking with Targ and also having a chance to speak with DL on the phone I felt like a big jerk.

If you give money to DL you WILL get your gear. No doubt about it. Sure it will take a while but it will be worth every agonizing moment that you had to wait. Nobody on the planet makes better TIE gear.

Here's what you should do....

1) Give DL your money.

2) Squeal like a little girl knowing that the ball is rolling on your new TIE gear.

3) Start working on a new costume to pass the time so you don't go crazy waiting for your awesome DL gear

4) Troop your thrusters off in your RP

5) Squeal like a little girl again on Big Brown Box Day when the mailman brings you a box full of awesome from DL
Callsign-Dirtywork
"I don't want them to be surprised. I want them to be scared!"
Double Ace
Targ
Omega Squadron

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Post by Targ »

Brilliant.
ImageImage
marleyman009
501st
501st
Name: Andy
Garrison: Georgia Garrison

Post by marleyman009 »

I do love the look of my DL armor but I must say I was disappointed. After waiting SO long for my armor, mine came w/ several thin spots on my plates and my box (which cracked after minimal trooping). I didn't bother talking to DL about it as I would probably have to wait a year for replacement. Anyone else have that problem? I just feel like I've had some rotten luck w/ my build from the very beginning.
TommyD
Ace of Aces
Ace of Aces
Name: Thomas Neeson
Garrison: Ohio Garrison

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Post by TommyD »

marleyman009 wrote:I do love the look of my DL armor but I must say I was disappointed. After waiting SO long for my armor, mine came w/ several thin spots on my plates and my box (which cracked after minimal trooping). I didn't bother talking to DL about it as I would probably have to wait a year for replacement. Anyone else have that problem? I just feel like I've had some rotten luck w/ my build from the very beginning.
I personally have never had a problem with my gear.

One thing about DL gear...it is NOT sturdy. But it really doesn't need to be. I baby my DL gear. If it's not on my body it's in the crate. I never leave it sitting on a table or on the floor and I never let anyone else handle it. Being overly cautious and maybe a little obsessive/compulsive :mrgreen: I've over 35 troops under my belt with not so much as a scratch.
Callsign-Dirtywork
"I don't want them to be surprised. I want them to be scared!"
Double Ace