Targ
Omega Squadron
Name: James DeJan
Garrison: Midwest Garrison

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Re: DL MIA?

Post by Targ »

The only choice anyone has is to get busy and build your own vac machine, find plastic suppliers and sculpt your own molds. BT is still working there in Europe. Over seas shipping costs have increased dramatically. For example, a full set of armor sent from Illinois USA to Poland was $70.95. So right there is a good reason for some of you to form a group of makers.
You simply cannot expect two makers to supply the world without delays.
ImageImage
Having served the Empire as Jolly Roger Squadron Detachment Leader 2005-2013
abaddon_1974
Cadet
Cadet
Name: Craig WRENN

Post by abaddon_1974 »

Unfortunately for those of us who have paid for armour and are left with no communication or armour the only option is to wait and hope that one day it will be delivered. (last communication from vendor was August 2011)

Hopefully this thread will serve to highlight to people looking for gear what the wait times and communication with the vendor are really like.

When I wanted a price and until I paid money communication was good, since then very poor.

Craig
Blackwatch
Ace of Aces
Ace of Aces
Name: David D Campbell
Garrison: Bast Alpha Garrison
United States of America

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Post by Blackwatch »

It will be delivered.

I am 15 months into my own DL wait. The makers are still delivering and people continue to post here and elsewhere in other forums when they receive their gear.

Velker Actual

Regimental Sergeant Major, 6th Regiment, Tannerman Rifles, Royal Manticoran Marine Corps
Commander, Deep South Mothership, Visitor Fleet
Aliens Legacy Colonial Marine ID A09/TQ0.0.52128E1

Rule the sky, Rule the night
Lady Luck
Ace of Aces
Ace of Aces
Name: Julie Popham
Garrison: Central Garrison

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Post by Lady Luck »

We the JRS staff are working on this issue. We do not like seeing you all mad or upset. If you have any concerns or input on vendors please PM me and we will try our hardest to get it resolved. We are here for all cadets and members.
Turrican
JRS Pilot
JRS Pilot
Name: Stefan
Garrison: German Garrison

Costume Level Award

Post by Turrican »

Targ wrote:
You simply cannot expect two makers to supply the world without delays.
Targ thats correct, but he not have to accept each new order if he know that he's back with his work for month or nearly a year.
AND also assiduous takes the money for each new order and than let the buyers stand in the rain with a lack of communication if all is paid.
That's simply bad craftsman ship.
IMHO.
Shipping costs also has nothing to do with being back in timeline.
ptbenz
Name: adam petersen

Post by ptbenz »

What we really need is more artisans to step up and make Armor to the quality we require. Can anyone help us out with that? Until then, the wait and poor customer service is the world we live in.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
JRS DL
misfitjh
Cadet
Cadet
Name: John Harris

Post by misfitjh »

I was wondering how many members out there are building armor? Are Dl and BT the only two doing tie kits? Also how hard is it to get molds approved?
Helmet...Arrived needs to be built
Armor...Arrived needs to be built
Chest box...Arrived needs to be built
Flight suit...arrived and being modified
Gloves...done
Boots...arrived and being stretched
Com pad...searching
Blaster...searching
Belt...Parts arrived and being assembled
Blackwatch
Ace of Aces
Ace of Aces
United States of America

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Post by Blackwatch »

approval of the molds are not a problem so long as they accurately reflect the real item.

No, there are several other makers of armor, your Mentor will have that information for you.

Velker Actual

Regimental Sergeant Major, 6th Regiment, Tannerman Rifles, Royal Manticoran Marine Corps

Blackwatch
Ace of Aces
Ace of Aces
United States of America

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Post by Blackwatch »

approval of the molds are not a problem so long as they accurately reflect the real item.

No, there are several other makers of armor, your Mentor will have that information for you.

Velker Actual

misfitjh
Cadet
Cadet
Name: John Harris

Post by misfitjh »

Ok cool, I just got the impression that there were only a few sources for armor. Cause I can build the vac machine, I have the plans and tools, can get the vac pump easily enough and the abs plastic but when it comes to sculpting I have no talent.

LOL and Blackwatch you are my mentor.
Helmet...Arrived needs to be built
Armor...Arrived needs to be built
Chest box...Arrived needs to be built
Flight suit...arrived and being modified
Gloves...done
Boots...arrived and being stretched
Com pad...searching
Blaster...searching
Belt...Parts arrived and being assembled
Warlord
JRS Pilot
JRS Pilot
Name: Ricky D Shaw II
Garrison: Bloodfin Garrison

Costume Level Award

Post by Warlord »

Unfortunately, I don't have spare time right now to sit down and attempt to sculpt something up. Perhaps in the future, but right now the plate is pretty full. I'd help out if i could guys.

501st Legion
Bloodfin Garrison
TKID# TI-10155
"That's the way the x-wing crumbles"
email: [email protected]

Blackwatch
Ace of Aces
Ace of Aces
United States of America

Costume Level Award

Ace of Aces

Post by Blackwatch »

yes...I know :)

I've got a rockin' machine, i can pull plate metal with it.

Double smooth black ABS is $2K per shipment unless you are lucky enough to have a place that keeps it on stock locally---and we do not, they require the full $2K up front and a commercial address for the pallet to be dropped.

We DO have a handful of makers, each with thier own timelines.

Velker Actual

sith_241
501st
501st
Name: Dan Norgan
Garrison: California: Golden Gate Garrison

Post by sith_241 »

This is really frustrating. The worst part for me is that i was building the suit for another prospective member, who has now bailed because of the excessive wait and leaving me with no kit and no money. I really wish there was AT LEAST some communication on delivery timelines. sitting on 13 months here now...

I guess im going to be stuck trying to sell the dang thing to get my money back when and if it ever gets here.

Hopefully, the JRS leadership can lean on the vendors to not accept orders they cant fulfill in the promised time. I was told 4 months by LAWS himself when i ordered.
ptbenz
Name: adam petersen

Post by ptbenz »

sith_241 wrote:This is really frustrating. The worst part for me is that i was building the suit for another prospective member, who has now bailed because of the excessive wait and leaving me with no kit and no money. I really wish there was AT LEAST some communication on delivery timelines. sitting on 13 months here now...

I guess im going to be stuck trying to sell the dang thing to get my money back when and if it ever gets here.

Hopefully, the JRS leadership can lean on the vendors to not accept orders they cant fulfill in the promised time. I was told 4 months by dl himself when i ordered.

I hear ya. I just talked to Dl 2 weeks ago and told him he needs to give a more accurate depiction of delivery times.

I would be happy to take the kit off your hands when it comes in for what you paid for it plus any shipping expenses

JRS DL
sith_241
501st
501st
Name: Dan Norgan
Garrison: California: Golden Gate Garrison

Post by sith_241 »

ptbenz wrote:
sith_241 wrote:This is really frustrating. The worst part for me is that i was building the suit for another prospective member, who has now bailed because of the excessive wait and leaving me with no kit and no money. I really wish there was AT LEAST some communication on delivery timelines. sitting on 13 months here now...

Hopefully, the JRS leadership can lean on the vendors to not accept orders they cant fulfill in the promised time. I was told 4 months by LAWS himself when i ordered.

I hear ya. I just talked to Dan 2 weeks ago and told him he needs to give a more accurate depiction of delivery times.

I would be happy to take the kit off your hands when it comes in for what you paid for it plus any shipping expenses

Haha, im not worried about the selling so much as just the getting it part.